Visit to Anticoagulant Nurse

This had been booked for me on 2nd August, but the letter came while I was on holiday.  The nurse agreed to see me at the first opportunity, rather than wait for a normal appointment as I was booked for Cardioversion (CV) on 15th September and there was a possibility that this would have to be postponed if I went another week without anticoagulant.

We discussed Warfarin and NOACs and decided on Rivaroxaban; this would not need weekly blood tests, would not need to be regulated and more importantly the CV would not be delayed.  I rang the Cardiologist, to inform him I was now coagulated; it was deemed that this was not sufficient time before the procedure, the CV would have to be delayed until October 13th.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s